Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Children and sports

I was never a very active person back in school, or through most of my life, as a matter of fact.  Even now I have to constantly push myself to even do a basic 20 minute run on the treadmill.  My hope, therefore, is that my children will be more involved in sports and learn good habits from an early age so that they can continue looking after themselves as they grow up and into adulthood.

Yesterday was my daughter's middle school volleyball game.  It brings me untold pride that she has struggled through try-outs, stuck through practices, played for most of the season in the "B" squad, but finally managed to make it to the "A" squad for yesterday's matches.  She is by no means the biggest girl - as a matter of fact, she is the smallest in the team, nor the most athletic, but she is tough minded and works very hard, as well as listens to her coach.  She is also extremely happy and proud of her accomplishments.

She serves as an example to myself, during these days of studying, to keep pushing myself.  That I can accomplish things if I put my mind and body into it.  I think I will go study now.

No comments:

Post a Comment