Sunday, October 9, 2011

The next deluge

No one is singing right now
In Los Angeles, we were used to long dry spells followed by a few days of rain.  When it rained, it was usually an all-day affair, with stronger bursts during night followed by drizzle all day long.  In Florida, in typical tropical weather style, there would be sudden bursts of heavy rain that would stop after a few minutes.  I was told by the locals that this was the usual pattern.

Well, much to my surprise, I find myself sick - sore throat and now coughing - and in the third day of a continuous rainstorm.  Not light rain, either.  The children had tomorrow off for Columbus day, so we were planning to go somewhere, but with the weather acting up, we are just holed up.  Odd weather, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment