Looks like I caught a nasty bug sometime recently. Yesterday evening my throat started to feel a bit scratchy, so I took some vitamins and medicine before going to bed. Woke up in the morning with a full blown headache, very sore throat, and feeling generally miserable.
I'm going to take the rest of the week off studying to see if I can recover faster. The kids are off on Monday for Columbus Day, so we might do something this weekend, which hopefully won't make me worse.
Gratefully I have a lot of time before the exam. More medicine before going to bed tonight.
P.S. In looking for pictures of thermometers, I realized that most of them are for the digital type. I suppose the dangers of mercury have relegated the old glass types to the dustbin of other things from my past. I still remember playing with little pools of mercury that came with a chemistry set I got when I was a little kid...ah the good old days. I'm surprised I can even remember them with all the poisonous stuff I must have handled/eaten when I was a kid.